Sunday, February 15, 2009

Alexandro's Poem


I am From…

I am from the fields of grass surrounding my home
The rolling hills in Chinook Estates, and the bookshelves
Filled with undiscovered books.

I am from the musty cabinet filled with board games,
Anxiously waiting for my parents to wake up on Christmas
Morning, and trips to Brazil to visit tia (Aunt) Flor.

I am from “skiwampas” (Leon’s favorite made up word) and, “keep your back Strait!”

I am from rice and beans my mom makes for dinner,
The sizzling stir fry that tickles my taste buds, and the
Bubbling lentil stew that is one of my favorite dishes.

I am form Grandma Presset’s love – which will stay with me forever, my hunting buddy uncle Doug and uncle Kenton’s gigantic movie room.

I am from ten years of family life, and a future that is yet to be discovered.

Written by Alexandro Burrows – February 2009.

5 comments:

Sister Naivasha Burrows said...

love your hair straigthen. It looks great. Your party look like a blast. Wish we could have been there.

Sister Naivasha Burrows said...

Great Poem Alexandro. You have talent in writing.

The life of Jayne said...

That is an awesome poem!!!

Jacki's travels said...

What a fun poem, Alexandro! Good job, keep up the writing. I like the word Skeewampus too.

Jacki's travels said...

Also, I would love to have that recipe for "bubbling Lentil Stew" - it sounds yummy.